Company: KB Home
Posted on: May 6, 2021
About KB HomeKB Home (NYSE: KBH) is one of the largest and most
recognized homebuilders in the United States and has been building
quality homes for over 60 years. Today, KB Home operates in 38
markets across eight states, serving a wide array of buyer groups.
What sets us apart is giving our customers the ability to
personalize their homes from homesites and floor plans to cabinets
and countertops, at a price that fits their needs. And as the first
builder ever to make every home we build ENERGY STAR-- certified,
KB Home is able to not only design thoughtful living spaces but
ones that lower the cost of homeownership. We also work with our
customers every step of the way, building strong personal
relationships so they have a real partner in the homebuying process
and the experience is as simple and easy as possible. Learn more
about how we build homes built on relationships by visiting
kbhome.com.The Construction Superintendent manages all functions of
the construction job site as it relates to building quality
residential homes. Supervise construction from dirt through closing
while maximizing profits and maintaining excellence through the
KBnxt business model. The Superintendent insures quality assurance
and customer satisfaction are maintained throughout the
construction process. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and direct KB staff and trade partners in the construction
and completion of quality residential homes with strong commitment
to executing the KBnxt business model and 100% Complete/100%
- Responsible for milestone report (slab to frame, frame to
mechanical, drywall to cabinet and cabinet to final).
- Ensure consistent application of "Even Flow", homes completed
per schedule (daily starts, closings and monthly deliveries).
- Schedule and monitor trade partners during the entire
construction process from start to closing. Informs and trains
trade partners regarding company policies and procedures, including
safety and OSHA compliance.
- Approve trade partner's purchase orders and invoices for
assigned homes, while ensuring completion of work in a quality and
timely manner. Maintains trade partner scorecards on performance
and submits to purchasing.
- Monitor subdivision cleanliness and hold trade partners
responsible for daily clean-up.
- Interact with Architecture, Engineering, Studio, Purchasing and
DUP and consider their input/deadlines during the process to ensure
timely quality construction.
- Continually strive for superior JD Power/CSI ranking in
- Responsible for executing all home deliveries 100% complete and
signed off by COE by the homebuyer.
- Monitor and resolve customer or construction concerns to
facilitate smooth final closing process.
- Deliver Pre-Construction and Pre-Drywall orientations with
buyers to reinforce contact with buyer throughout the construction
- Deliver a consistent and effective homeowner orientation to
ensure the buyer experiences a positive transition to their new
- Participate in Community Teams, and take ownership of
construction matters/issues. Works directly with the salesforce
with an emphasis in teamwork and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping
regulations and safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits and
observing OSHA and any state-level agencies' regulations.
- Facilitate weekly safety meetings with other Superintendents,
staff and trade partners
- Ensure Quality Checkpoints are completed and provides daily
status updates on the construction progress on each unit.
- Manage the installation and maintenance of SWPPP for the
- External Partnerships (trade partners, municipalities, building
- The Superintendent ensures the community is working with NHQ
certified trade partners
- Drives the permit and inspection sign-off process on a timely
- Responsible for inspection process in assigned homes and
interacts with VA, FHA, City, County, State and Conventional
inspectors involved in the homebuilding processEDUCATION
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
- Construction Management vocational degree or certificate
- 2 - 5 years of construction experience with a production
- Strong experience in delivering high quality customer service
programs. JD P experience a plus!
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities including motivating
teams, employee development, and being results oriented
- Strong people skills, including the capability to handle
various personalities and develop professional relationships
- Action oriented, with the drive to push projects and tasks to
- Proven ability of being customer centric by seeking solutions
from the customer's perspective
- Strong verbal & written communication, with the ability to take
complex concepts and communicate accurately and persuasively
- Strong ability to work within a team-setting, inclusive of
other's ideas, and a willingness to cooperate
- Makes quick and accurate decisions based heavily on facts, data
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel,
Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Work full-time schedule with flexibility for overtime when
- Ability to work the "On-Call" program when needed (respond to
emergency calls or other issues during off-hours)
- Local travel required within designated region
- Conduct business in a professional and ethical manner to
potential buyers, trade partners, external officials, and coworkers
to reinforce goodwill and profitability for the companyFind out why
KB Home is attracting and retaining the best employees! If you are
interested and qualified, please apply now. KB Home provides above
average compensation packages and earnings potential, full
benefits, an outstanding 401K matching program, bonus plans and
amazing promotional opportunities. KB Home is an equal opportunity
employer committed to hiring a diverse work team. Diversity is
important to KB Home!This position is being recruited by
ManpowerGroup Talent Solutions RPO, on behalf of KB Home. Qualified
candidates are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: KB Home, Modesto , Construction Superintendent, Professions , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!