Driver- Patient Service Tech - PT (Wed-Fri 12:30pm-9pm & Sun 10am-6:30pm)
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Driver- Patient Service Tech - PT (Wed-Fri 12:30pm-9pm & Sun
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare's mission
is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at
home by providing home respiratory services and select medical
equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster,
and thrive longer.
Patient Service Technicians (PSTs) at Apria improve the quality of
life for our patients at home by delivering, setting up, and
instructing patients on the use of medical equipment (e.g.,
respiratory supplies, oxygen equipment, hospital beds, wheelchairs,
etc.) in their homes and care facilities.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Delivers and picks up equipment from homecare patients. Sets up
equipment and instructs patients on the basic use of equipment.
Assists patients in solving problems regarding equipment
- Schedules and organizes daily deliveries and pickups according
to geographic territory. Loads and unloads durable medical or
infusion equipment, oxygen and medical supplies onto delivery
- Complies with all applicable regulatory requirements including
providing documents needed for the driver qualification file and
abiding by hours of service, daily log, hazardous materials
(placarding, training and shipping papers) and vehicle inspection
and maintenance regulations.
- Completes necessary paperwork including daily delivery logs,
pick-up and delivery forms, reimbursement documents and vehicle
maintenance logs. Distributes paperwork to appropriate
- Notify supervisor if any one of the following items is
discovered in the patient's home:
- Physical abuse of any family member
- Home environment is unsafe for the care ordered, such as
unsanitary conditions or insufficient food for children
- Animals in the home that cause unsanitary conditions
- Maintains daily vehicle maintenance logs and incident reports.
Ensures vehicles are in proper working condition. Ensures
preventive maintenance on vehicles is performed on a timely basis
according to D.O.T., F.D.A. and Joint Commission.
- Responds to emergency delivery calls as needed and on an
- May clean and assist with the repair of equipment.
- Performs routine vehicle maintenance including the checking of
gasoline, oil fluids, tire pressure and brakes. Reports malfunction
- Performs other related duties as directed by
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Required QualificationsEducation and/or Experience
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma is
- At least one-year related work experience is required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older at the time of
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional
- Must possess a commercial driver's license.
- Successful completion of Apria Healthcare's Driver Training
- Must meet job-related requirements to comply with D.O.T.,
F.D.A. and Joint Commissions regulations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Business AcumenProblem Solving/AnalysisCommunication
- Basic computer skills
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Basic math skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDSWhile performing the duties of this job, the
employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects,
tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or
crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone
equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close
vision and distance vision. Must be able to travel by plane and
automobile (if applicable).
- Regularly required to use hands to write, use computer, operate
a motor vehicle, use a hand held device, telephone and use a
document imaging system and manipulate documents.
- Regularly required to read documents and write neatly,
legibility and transcribe accurate information and
- Employee continually engages in activities that require talking
- This position requires frequent variations including sitting,
walking, standing, kneeling, reaching or stooping.
- The employee must possess and maintain a valid driver's
license, specific to vehicle operated in the conduct of this
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job safely
include close vision, distant vision, night (low to limited light)
vision and the ability to adjust focus to work on a computer and
- Strength Aspects:
- Frequently required to stand and lift objects from 1" to 36"
high with weights ranging from 10 lbs - 160 lbs, and carry objects
for distances ranging from 1 ft -350 ft, including travel up and
down stairs or in elevators.
- Frequently required to push or pull objects weighing from 20
lbs – 60 lbs, up and down stairs, through doorways and thresholds,
using dollies or carts, or on flat or angled surfaces which may
include outdoor surfaces, carpeting or smooth floors. Distances
pushed or pulled could range from 1-25 ft on average.
- Frequently required to grip objects with hands, up to 15 lbs of
- Frequently required to grip objects with fingers, up to 10 lbs
- Body Position and Flexibility Elements
- Frequently required to climb 100 stairs on average ranging from
3"-10" in height,
- Frequently stepping in and out of company vehicles ranging up
to 20" in height.
- Occasionally required to climb ladders up to 10' high, in
- Frequently required to bend down at the waist to a torso level
of 24" above the floor.
- Frequently required to reach, on average, 20" away from the
- Occasionally required to kneel on one or both knees and squat
to perform many of the above tasks.
WORK ENVIRONMENTWhile performing the duties of this job, the
employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or
caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is
usually low to moderate.
- The employee is required to inspect and safely operate a motor
vehicle during the day and night and in a wide range of weather and
- The noise level in the work environment is varies based on the
locations or activities proximate to which can range from low to
- There is moderate exposure to dust, fume, mists and
- Temperature ranges from normal indoor climate-controlled
environment in buildings or vehicles and various outdoor conditions
and temperature extremes encountered throughout the year in a
variety of US states.
- General lighting is generally provided via florescent lighting
indoors, and natural lighting outdoors, and low light conditions
consistent with outdoor and/or night working environment.
- During off site travel events the employee may be exposed to
higher noise levels requiring the use of hearing protection, with
moderate potential exposure to moderate dust, chemicals, fumes and
odors, as well as cryogenic and cleaning agents.
- During off site travel events the employee may be required to
ride in company delivery vehicles and accompany employees on
deliveries and enter into patient homes.
- May be required to receive vaccinations and participate in
medical assessments and testing consistent with the work
environment or patients exposed to.
- Will be required to wear various personal protective equipment
consistent with the hazards encountered in this role.
- Will be required to use hand tools for assembly and repair,
material handling equipment, cutting, carrying devices, cleanup
kits or equipment.
- May be required to work with cryogenic fluids requiring special
precautions and PPE.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
above are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.BenefitsComprehensive benefits
package offered for eligible employees:
- Competitive salary
- Ability to have early access to earned wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick
Leave & Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available
- We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off
for Veterans Day
- Career Advancement/ Development Opportunities
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Annual compensation is based on a 40 hour week
EEO StatementAs an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed
to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to
employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color,
national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic
information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender
identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria
Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a)
and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against
qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or
disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime
contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment
qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet
Keywords: Apria, Modesto , Driver- Patient Service Tech - PT (Wed-Fri 12:30pm-9pm & Sun 10am-6:30pm), Professions , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!