Shipping & Receiving Material Handler
Company: BASIC RESOURCES INC
Posted on: September 20, 2022
"OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR STRATEGY"We are growing and in need of a
Shipping & Receiving Material Handler for our Macropaver location
in Hickman, Ca. Come join a team with a great company culture that
offers competitive wages and benefits!! We offer Paid Time Off,
Medical, Dental, Vision Care Insurance. We offer a 401k program. A
Pension Program, Life Insurance, AD&D and opportunities for
growth and development. Key Responsibilities:
- Load and unload trucks and containers.
- Inspect inbound and outbound shipments for damages or defects;
record discrepancies or damages and notify your immediate
- Prior to product storage, count all product, compare your
counts to the package documentation. Report shortages, overages &
damages to your immediate supervisor
- Deliver incoming product to proper inventory locations or end
- Complete daily receiving entries in computer system
- Manage consumable supply inventories
- Performs cycle counting and reporting as well as Annual
physical counts of material
- Responsible for managing all outbound and inbound shipments,
packaging materials, packaging of products to be shipped and
arrangement of transportation services as well as required domestic
and export documents.
- Complete daily shipping entries in computer system
- Order picking for production from inventory/locations that
correspond to the picking documents.
- Perform picking duties in an efficient manner
- Performs general housekeeping, maintenance, and organization of
the shipping, receiving and inventory areas.
- Distributes documentation, including transfer of all original
documents to Materials Manager and/or Accounting
- Required to routinely operate a pallet jack, hand truck and/or
drive forklift and company vehicles
- Performs other duties as required Skills and Abilities
- Detail oriented
- Ability to operate a forklift and/or pallet jack
- Valid California Drivers License
- General computer skills- Microsoft office preferred
- Use scanners, scales, tablets, radio, phones, and other
- Good arithmetic and reading skills.
- Read and speak English.
- Understand and follow verbal instruction, written instruction,
and company policies.
- A self-starter that can work independently and coordinate with
- Work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage
stress and productivity guidelines.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of
safety, quality, productivity, and cost control
- Structured problem solving
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time with use of
- Bend, kneel, squat regularly.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis occasionally more with
Keywords: BASIC RESOURCES INC, Modesto , Shipping & Receiving Material Handler, Professions , Hickman, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!