Refrigeration Technician 3
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Under minimal supervision, work independently, performing advanced
refrigeration maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse.
Provide maintenance support as necessary to ensure operational
objectives are met. Other areas of knowledge, including but not
exclusive to: mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, PLC,
fabrication and welding, ammonia, and plumbing. Will direct and
oversee the work of contractors on occasion.
• Defines and sets up ideal operational settings and parameters for
all refrigeration equipment (i.e. superheat, regulators, pressure
settings, defrost cycles, etc.) Proactively monitor system
performance, and take appropriate actions to ensure that the system
is operating optimally.
• Pumps out/evacuates refrigerant as necessary for component level
replacement and/or repair.
• Provides in depth troubleshooting of refrigeration, electrical,
mechanical, and controls systems to root cause and recommends
• Performs calibrations (slide valve, potentiometers, RTDs,
pressure transducers, etc.)
• Replaces components within the refrigeration's system, with safe
LOTO procedures and in accordance with PSM program.
• Performs both routine and complex maintenance and repairs on
various types of warehouse equipment in accordance with OSHA
• Participates in Maintenance/Refrigeration/Energy Excellence
implementation and sustainment of Americold Operating System
• Shares knowledge, and assists in the training and development of
less experienced technicians
• Inspects and reviews "in progress" and "completed" work of
internal and external technicians for compliance and quality
• Conducts test of safety equipment to ensure OHSA and operational
• Maintains accurate preventive and predictive maintenance records
within the CMMS System.
• Keeps work area and tools 6S'd (well maintained, clean,
organized, etc.), and performs housekeeping duties as required.
• Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 5 years Industrial Refrigeration maintenance experience, which
must include ammonia refrigeration.
• Completion of RETA Operator 1 & 2 courses preferred. In lieu of
RETA course - successful completion of industry recognized
Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration training (Stellar, Frick,
GCAP/Lanier or employer comparable training program), equivalent in
scope will be considered.
• RETA CIRO certification preferred.
• Required to successfully complete assigned Industrial
Refrigeration and Mechanical-Electrical courses.
• Troubleshooting and repairs with differing control systems
ALTA/Allen Bradley etc.
• Required to be trained in HAZMAT, obtain and maintain the
• Computerized Maintenance Management System experience
• Basic computer skills required (email, internet searches, basic
data entry, etc.).
• Microsoft Office Suite knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Fully competent in mechanical knowledge (all level 3
• Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Mathematical and documentation skills necessary.
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Must be able to work unsupervised.
• Proficient use of testing equipment.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on
The physical demands described below are representative of those
that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of
the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
• May be required to tolerate working environment with inside
controlled temperatures of -20 degrees Fahrenheit and outside
ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation).
• Must be able to work at heights in excess of 35 ft. and be able
to access elevated platforms and catwalks
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
• Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands
and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to use hand and power tools.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either
naturally or with the aid of eye glasses (use of contacts are
prohibited when working with ammonia).
• Able to work nights and weekends.
• Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Keywords: Americold, Modesto , Refrigeration Technician 3, Professions , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!