Dialysis Biomedical Technician
Company: U.S. Renal Care
Posted on: March 17, 2023
USRC's greatest strength in being a leader in the dialysis
industry is our ability to recognize and celebrate the differences
in our diverse workforce. We strongly believe in recruiting top
talent and creating a diverse and inclusive work climate and
culture at all levels of our organization. - The Biomedical
Technician is responsible for overseeing the overall operational
condition, maintenance and repair of all water treatment equipment,
all medical equipment and mechanical/electrical systems to ensure
patient safety and the safety of all staff operating such equipment
for their assigned clinic(s). ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. - Other duties and tasks may be assigned.
- Demonstrate effective use of supplies and staff labor
- Assist with purchasing as needed: place orders, perform weekly
and month end inventory counts.
- Be familiar with the overall procedures used in Inventory
Control (FIFO) and assist in the documentation and control of
- Perform duties as assigned to meet the patient care or
operational needs of the clinic.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain equipment as recommended by
- Repair, calibrate, test, clean and disinfect dialysis machines,
water distribution loop and RO's according to protocol.
- Perform water quality checks to include but not limited to:
free chlorine, total chlorine, and water hardness testing.
- Perform safety checks and tests on all pretreatment water
equipment including but not limited to carbon tanks, water
softeners, RO units, UV lamps and ultrafilters.
- Collect samples of RO water and dialysate for microbiology
testing according to protocol.
- Collect water samples for AAMI analysis testing according to
- Disinfection of central bicarbonate system and mixing tank
according to protocol.
- Disinfection of RO, distribution system, and hemodialysis
machines according to protocol.
- Perform duties at all times within limitations established by
and in accordance with company policy and procedures, applicable
state and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform electrical safety on dialysis machines and related
- Be familiar with instruction manuals and operation for
equipment in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations. Be
capable of starting up and shutting down facility's equipment if
- Maintain established preventative maintenance programs and
required support documentation.
- Maintain accurate maintenance records for the facility's
- Have knowledge of the function and safe operation of water
treatment equipment and related mechanical and electrical
- Address physical environment issues which could impact patient
and staff safety.
- Mix bicarbonate solution according to protocol. Mix acid
concentrate solution according to protocol.
- Assist in receiving, storing and stocking of supplies.
- Be familiar with all emergency equipment and emergency
- Use appropriate safety measures including personal protective
equipment as necessary.
- Be familiar with OSHA regulations.
- Update Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) as required.
- Be aware of all contracts and contacts necessary for the
emergency repair of the clinic's equipment and mechanical
- Obtain quotes from reputable and approved contractors as needed
to address physical environment issues.
- Present technical summaries in QAPI meetings.
- Maintain collaborative working relationship with
Administrator(s). Partner with Administrator(s) to ensure clinic
needs are met.
- Actively promote GUEST customer service standards; develop
effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Respond effectively to inquiries or concerns.
- Participate in staff meetings as required. Attend in-service
and continuing education offerings in compliance with company
policy and procedure.
- Complete initial and annual technical training on clinical
staff as required.
- Instruct staff in use and care of equipment and answer
- Participate in team concepts and promote a team effort.
Keywords: U.S. Renal Care, Modesto , Dialysis Biomedical Technician, Professions , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...